Online Portfolio

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Owls No More

Animation has now wrapped on Legend of the Guardians and the film is scheduled for release in the US on the 24th September.

I would like to congratulate the entire animation team here at Animal Logic, it's been a real pleasure to work with such a talented and friendly bunch, and they've produced some simply stunning work.


Legend of the Guardians animators, I'm in the left third of the picture in the middle, wearing a grey top with orange t-shirt.

I've worked on the film for the last year and seven months and produced over 3 minutes of animation for the film ... which both sounds like a lot and not very much at the same time. It's been a tough production and myself and the rest of the department are definitely looking forward to some well-earned rest. But it's also been very enjoyable, I've definitely learned a lot and would like to thank James Cunliffe, Eric Guaglione and Eric Leighton, they have been a great source of inspiration and knowledge throughout.

I would also like to say a big thank you to my team - Wings of Desire who have been awesome. They have produced some really great work for the very challenging sequences we were given.


Left to right - Jerome Dernoncourt, Tim Rowlandson, Daniel Harris, Tonya Tornberg, Myself, Simon Ashton, Thomas Price. (missing Hunjin Park). As you can see I've been working so hard I've been unable to get a haircut recently!


Thanks guys! And good luck to everyone still working to finish the film.

1 comment:

Daniel Harris said...

Awesome to see you put that pic online, was really great working with you Brendan :-D. You seriously taught me loads! Good luck with whatever lies ahead and I'll cross my fingers hoping we get a chance to work together again!