Online Portfolio

Thursday 4 March 2010

Legend of the Guardians Trailer



Yay! I finally get to show something from the film I'm currently working on - The Legend of the Guardians, directed by Zack Snyder of Watchmen and 300 fame. It's based on the book series The Guardians Of Ga'Hoole by Kathryn Lasky.


I was fortunate enough to animate two shots for the trailer, one where an ominous group of owls adopt an attacking formation.


And the shot at the end were a heroic owl rises, carrying a burning lantern. I've been animating a lot of shots in slow motion on this film, something I've never done before. It poses quite an interesting challenge, I'll have to write a post about it soon.

There's a lengthy article about the film here for anyone who wishes to find out more.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Brecht Debaene said...

looks cool brendan, trailer has a cool atmosphere.

congrats :)

Blank said...

Firstly: thanks for linking to my article, I appreciate it! I just wanted to put my thoughts down in history, but I'm glad people find it useful information-wise.

Secondly: Wow, you worked on Happy Feet, Harry Potter, and now Legend of the Guardians? How exciting! (I'll be sure to follow this blog from now on, as I'm quite interested in animation).

But surely not just two shots? Or do you mean that out of the trailer there's only two shots that you worked on?

It would be a true feast for all fans of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole books (plus people interested in animation) if you really do write a post (or two! or more haha!) about your work on this film. :D

Plus I'll be able to return the link-back favor that way! ;)

Keeping my eyes peeled,
Dmytro

Brendan Body said...

Hey Dmytro,

Thanks for visiting, you're very welcome.

Yup, I animated two shots in the trailer but there's a lot more of my work in the final film.

There's nothing I'd rather do than show everyone the cool stuff we've been creating for this film but unfortunately The Powers That Be forbid me from talking too much about it at the moment. I'm afraid I won't be able to write about it until the film is released and can't show my other shots until the DVD release. But please check back then.

thanks,

Brendan

Blank said...

Oh, but it would be so cool if you revealed even a single tantilizing tidbit about the film! You know, just trivia here and there or little bits that don't reveal too much. :P Come on!