Online Portfolio

Thursday 22 October 2009

Big Blog Sort Out

I've decided to order my blog so that anyone visiting might find things they're interested in more easily. I've added labels to all the posts, which you can find in the sidebar, and also put every post under 6 main topics.

Tutorials
Animation lectures, workshops and animation methods - aimed at anyone new to the industry wishing to learn more about the techniques of the animation process.

Critiques
Animators who have bravely sent me their work asking for my opinion on it. I believe viewing critiques of other people's work is a good way to learn how you might improve your own animation.

Behind the Scenes
Any posts which may give you an insight into some aspect of working in the industry - how a specific shot was done, early animation tests for films etc.

Links
Links to film trailers, other animator's websites, or things of interest.

Personal Work
Posts regarding my personal work and employment, as well as website updates and anything else.

Random Thoughts
Theories and thoughts, usually animation or film related.


There is also a labels list, so for example, you can sort posts by the title of the film worked on - Hellboy 2, The Dark Knight, The Tale of Despereaux etc.

If you'd like to read more posts under any of these topics, please let me know.

2 comments:

Graham Ross said...

Hi Brendan. Your bouncing ball lecture is amazing. One request though. I wish you'd done the same thing with the dragon that your did with the squirrel. As in put graphic balls on top of the masses of the body. Animating birds and quadrupeds is something I'd like to try in the next few months and it would be super helpful :)

Thanks again! Great job!

Brendan Body said...

Hey Graham,

Thanks, I'm really glad you found the lecture beneficial.

That's a good suggestion for the dragon walk, unfortunately I think that's the only render I have of that cycle. It was done years ago at Framestore and I don't have a copy of the rig to make a new render. Sorry.

As I recall the hips, chest and head are all bouncing balls, offset from each other, with their 'gap' reduced to increase the weight.

Hope that helps,

Brendan